Friday, April 2, 2010

YMCA vs Home

I gave the YMCA 2 1/2 good months. I got up every morning at 4:30 and trekked to the Y to run. I met some great ladies that I would run next too. The only problem was by 2pm I was so exhausted. The nights got long with the kids and bed time couldn't come fast enough!! It is so great to have running partners though because the time went by so fast. I found myself pushing it just a little more every day.

This past weekend we were preparing for Nick to move to Kansas. I knew the Y would be coming to an end or I would have to start working out in the evening. I am such a morning workout girl but debated on changing my schedule around. We asked my parents if I could borrow their treadmill for a few months while Nick was gone. They of course said sure and brought it over last weekend. I have to say that I LOVE sleeping in until 5:15 every day. I don't have to get up and drive anywhere, can wear whatever I want, watch what I want and no one is watching how far or long I run!! ;) This past week I have run at home every morning and really enjoy it a lot more. I am not as sleepy during the day. I think if I didn't have to worry about getting kids to school or get ready for kids to come here the Y would be the best option. For right now though I am enjoying my extra 45 minutes of sleep every day!! We shall see what Kansas has in store in a few months!

No comments: