Saturday, April 3, 2010

Single Parenting

Nick moved to Kansas on Wednesday and it has been me and the kids. Man...I am exhausted!! They are wearing me out completely. I have daycare kids during the day and mine all night. No break for me. Today was a challenge. I took all of my kids to get all the errands done. I didn't know how else you go about it. Braeden had soccer so we all went to that. I took Emma and Charlie to the child watch area. At least I was able to watch in peace. Then we all headed to the grocery store. I had my list so I thought we could get in and out quickly. I usually go to the store quite early and avoid crowds. That was when Nick was home to watch the kids. Today HyVee was packed! First I had to find a spot to park. Then I had to find a cart that could hold at least 2 of the kids. Braeden walked around with his monkey arms the whole time. I was going mental. I am sure everyone was like...'relax lady it isn't a big deal!' Well...it drives a person nuts when it is all day and night!! After HyVee we headed to Sam's Club. I guess everyone had the same ideas as I did today. They were also packed. I only needed 3 things but we waited in line for 45 minutes just to check out. FUN TIMES!! The kids were fighting, pulling and kicking each other the whole time. We finally made it through the store and headed to Target. I thought perfect way to end the trip everyone is more relaxed at Target. Everyone but my kids!! I basically ran through the store to get everything I needed so we could get out of there. Just to torment them all a little we went through the car wash. It is loud and I needed a break! We got home and I unlocked the door, put my keys on the table and started unloading the car. The kids were somewhat being helpful. I sent Braeden down to his friend's house while I put everything away. We all had lunch and I put the kids to bed. When I went into Emma's room I noticed that instead of her nightlight being plugged in my keys were jammed in the light socket! NICE!! That could've been a real fun day. Everyone is fine and sleeping now but mommy is about to have a heart attack. Keys are hung up and safety plugs are in instead of the night lights. Stinker Charlie just loves to unplug everything. Ahhhh...only 2 more weeks until we see Nick. I think I will need a vacation without anyone when this two months is up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! nick is being fun here! can't wait till your here!
love always,
miss rascal

Stacy Kubesh said...

Hang in there! I remember how tough it is to do the single mom thing...and when your kids fight constantly, it's that much more challenging! Mine fought constantly and still do. Thank goodness you will see Nick soon! You will be very ready for a break and some quality time with your hubby.