Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Change of Plans....
We were suppose to be heading to Kansas Thursday to visit Nick but we had to cancel our trip. Charlie is still really sick and we aren't going to put him in the car for 9 hours. I had to take him back to the doctor today because he puked this morning. He also still has diarrhea! UGHH...this mommy is so done with cleaning up poop and puke!! Charlie's pediatrician is awesome! He doesn't get hyper about anything and really relaxes me. I know that when he gets anxious about something I need to take it more seriously. Well today Charlie got weighed and we compared it to his weigh in on Friday. He has lost over a pound and is down 4% of his weight. His doctor said that he doesn't get concerned until it is 7% - 10%. We have to watch him closely. He did however say that he is concerned that Charlie isn't replacing his electrolytes like he should. He said that kids that have an imbalance in their electrolytes can have a seizure. Well this mommy heard that seizure word and perked right up. We stopped at Walgreens and bought gatorade in every flavor along with pedialyte. Well Charlie hates all of it and is now refusing to drink everything! Nick's mom dropped Braeden off after school and was able to get Charlie to drink some of my SoBE water. I went out tonight and bought the SoBE water with the sugar in it. He had two big glasses this evening. I am hopeful that this will help. He still will only eat pretzels. I have tried: popsicles, jello, yogurt, bananas, toast, warm coke, crackers, bread, applesauce, etc. If anyone has any other suggestions to get this crud to stop and prevent my baby from having to go to the hospital I am all ears!! It has been a long week with a sick baby. I hope that he can get over the hump and be fine for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment