Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Set Backs...

I went to the eye doctor today because I was having a lot more floaters lately. He told me that my eyes look good but he can definitely see an increase in the floaters. He told me that this can be a result of pulling on the retina. My right eye, the one I had surgery on, is doing great. It is my left eye now. He told me no more running for 2-3 weeks so we can watch and see what is going on. The increase in the floaters is a concern to him. He said my eye looks great and he doesn't see any tears but he would like to watch me closely again. I go back in 3 weeks to have them checked again. I was enjoying my runs in the morning so now I have to take a break. This too shall pass but it gets really REALLY frustrating. The good news is that my cataract has not progressed so it is not looking like I will need surgery on that any time soon. Phew....maybe by the end of the summer or even as far away as next year!! I am having a hard time staying positive lately so I really just have to focus again. I need to find myself and stay positive for my kids. This is just a little set back and we knew this might be a problem. They anticipated that I would need surgery on my left eye. I/we were just really hoping to avoid it at all costs!!

No comments: