Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Interesting Day...

Well the Otto house never has a dull moment. If anyone is interested in moving in for some entertainment my door is open. Free room and board to anyone that likes to just sit and chit chat to keep me sane ;)

Today Charlie got the stomach flu. He was fine during breakfast and then it went down hill. I had to call all the daycare parents to come and pick up their kids. I feel so bad when I have to do that! Especially when they just dropped them off. Then I noticed that Charlie was puking up some blood. I called right away and they said it was from straining so just to watch him. He took a nap but continued to puke. At 4pm I decided that enough was enough and took him in. He proceeded to puke blood when we got to the clinic. The nurses in Urgent Care are not helpful, at least the ones I saw! I went up to them and asked for some help since my son was vomiting blood. They looked at me as if I was speaking a foreign language. If a bomb would have gone off they would've sat there not knowing what to do! I was pissed. I then went over to Peds. It was 4:55 and the nurse looked at me and said.."sorry but all the doctors have left." WHAT!! It isn't even 5 yet and they still had patients in the waiting room. I said, not so nicely, isn't there someone doing paperwork or something? UGHH..frustrated! This lady who was at the clinic came over to me and said she was a nurse and noticed my son was vomiting blood. She was so kind and helped me but was just as frustrated as I was with the helpless people at the clinic!! I decided to go up to OB because I thought my dad was working. I marched right through the door and of course he had left early. DANG IT. I became kind of hysterical. It has been a long stressful week without my hubby. Then to have this happen...ugh...can you just picture me being hysterical about something? I know that is hard for some of you. I started bawling and my dad's nurses were awesome. They grabbed a wheelchair and took me and Charlie over to ER. I am so grateful that they were so nice to me!! The ER staff was amazing too. Charlie had a small GI Bleed from puking all day long. They gave him IV fluids, zofran and a new blanket. We were home by 8pm. My dad came to sit with Charlie and I right away. Then my friend Misty came up as well. It is so great to have some support here! I needed it tonight! Dean and Mary took Braeden for the night. I dropped Emma off at my mom's before taking Charlie in. I appreciate all the help. Nick is in Kansas and I know he wanted to drive home today. It is difficult to be so far away when stuff goes bad. Charlie is sleeping. The poor baby is so dehydrated and just wanted some milk. I gave him a little bit and then he fell asleep. So far no more pukes so I am hopeful we will make it through the night. I am closed for the rest of the week. I need to disinfect the house!! YUCK!! Any takers to come help ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I remember being in that situation each time Tyler was deployed and it really seems like the load is to much to bare sometimes. I am definitely here to help, if you need anything.

Sara