Monday, November 21, 2011

Surgery

Charlie and I headed to the hospital at 7:00 this morning. Nick stayed home to get the other two off to school. Then he came up to be with Charlie and I. Friday I was told surgery would be at 8:00 am. Well 8:00 came and went and my dad said he saw that he was scheduled for 8:40 am. Charlie got some nice relaxing drugs at 7:45 so he wasn't to concerned with what was going on. When 8:40 came and went we were all getting restless. He was wanting to go home and didn't really want to sit or lay in the bed. Finally at 9:15 he was on his way back to surgery. He did great and it only took 20 minutes. The doctor said that his adenoids were huge so it was good they came out. His tonsils looked great so she didn't need to remove them...phew. She did say his left ear was completely filled with fluid so she removed all of it, put in a new tube and saw no signs of chlosteatoma. The right ear tube was removed and a new one was put in. We stayed at the hospital until 11:00. We are now home resting. Nick went to work so it is a quiet house for Charlie to just rest in. I am saying lots of prayers that our ear issues are over and we can avoid the hospital all together!!

No comments: