Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Nick!

Happy Birthday to my hubby! He has spent the day catering to his wife. Probably not his ideal birthday. We celebrated Saturday night with the kids and then again on Sunday with his parents and grandma. It was a great weekend and we used the 'fancy' dishes Sunday night. The bonus of the day is he is off of work. Charlie and him have racked leaves, ran errands and are now playing in the basement. I think Charlie thinks it is the best day ever to have his dad home all day with just him! We will be having ice cream cake tonight so I am sure he will enjoy that again!

On another note my eye surgery went well. I was completely stressed out and anxious but after my last eye surgery who can blame me. The doctor kept reassuring me this was nothing like the retina surgery so it would be a lot easier. Well until you have had one how are you to know. I truly was super anxious and nervous. Molly hooked me up with her friend Amber to be the anesthetist, SHE WAS AMAZING! I was barely out of the preop room and she was there with drugs. She listened to me all through surgery and they were pretty good. The doctor didn't want me sleepy throughout the procedure because sleepy patients jerk unexpected. Completely understand but I really didn't want to enjoy watching the procedure through my eye. He said he was numbing up the eye so I probably wouldn't be able to see anything anyway. He was right. All I saw were bright lights and water coming in. Nick said it seemed like it took forever, which it was an hour long surgery from start to finish. I am home and resting. When we first got home my eye felt like it was on fire. I forced myself to sleep and it feels so much better now. It is sore...DEFINITELY SORE! I am off for another nap. Maybe I can just sleep until it heals and I can see again. At least it is done and my goal is to be able to have my contacts back by Christmas. I am going to follow all the rules so this goal will come true! For now I have one good eye but hey one is better than none!!

No comments: