Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Conferences

I am such a proud mom! We had the kids conferences tonight and it was the best conference we have had for Braeden. I just can't even tell you how proud I am of him. His teacher told us that she has gotten a few phone calls from the Media teacher saying how proud she is of Braeden. A boy moved to Mankato a few months ago and doesn't even speak English. He has some really bad medical problems and has been sheltered by his parents for a long time. Braeden has helped him in media. He helps him find books, the bathroom, where he needs to go and helps him learn the computer. WOW...all I can say is WOW...we did something right. No one had to tell him to take him in, Braeden just did it. His teacher said this little boy has been sad because he doesn't know English or how to adjust into the school. Braeden has really helped. It brought a tear to my eye. I am a very proud mom tonight. He is doing excellent at school and is in the beyond math club and the beyond reading club. He is getting challenged which is all we have ever asked. His teacher loves his stories and said she loves when he raises his hand to participate.

Emma is doing fabulous too but I didn't expect anything less from her. She is a great student and a wonderful helper for her teacher. Again she is in the beyond reading club and beyond math club. Her teacher had nothing but great things to say about her!

The kids definitely got their math skills from their dad! We are so blessed to have such a great school with fabulous teachers!

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Awesome Job, Braeden and Emma!! Keep up the great work :) This teacher is mighty proud of you, too! Love you :)