Sunday, November 6, 2011

Events for the week....

Today I started drops in my eyes for my surgery on Tuesday. Yuck...no more contacts for awhile for this chica. Getting use to my glasses again.

Tuesday will be two years since Grandpa Chuck passed away. Today we lit a candle for him at church. I can't believe it has been two years already. The time goes by way too quickly and we miss him every day. Nick's birthday is pretty bitter sweet since his grandpa passed away on it.



Tonight we are celebrating Nick's birthday with his parents. I will be making his favorite meal, lasagna with garlic bread. His mom and dad will be bringing ice cream cake for dessert, really the only dessert Nick loves. Braeden asked if we could eat on the 'fancy dishes' so we will be breaking in the china for the first time. I am pretty excited to actually use it since I have had it for 8 years and never gotten it out. It should be a great evening!

My surgery is on Tuesday, Nick's birthday. We will be hanging low and Nick has taken the whole day off. I am excited to have a quiet day with him and Charlie.

The kids are off school on Friday for a teacher prep day. I know they need to do grades but this time of year I feel like they are out of school more than in. For Thanksgiving week they go to school for 1 day and then home for 4. Crazy!

Our week is going to be chaotic but I wanted to make sure I took some time out to remember Grandpa Chuck.

No comments: