Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Shopping

We had a fabulous weekend! I LOVE this time of year and love it more when I can soak it all in. Friday Nick's parents took the kids overnight so we could get all our Christmas shopping done. Nick and I haven't had a date night in awhile or been able to shop like this for the kids in forever! We headed to Olive Garden to have a few drinks and a light supper. We got the lists out and made a plan. It was a smart way to start because we were then on the same page. After a fabulous supper we headed to the mall. It was so much fun and we got almost everything done. My husband even bought me a new winter jacket! YEAH!! My zipper broke on my jacket last winter and I never got a new jacket so it was a long time coming!! Our last stop is always Target because we know that is where we will be getting the majority of the kids gifts. It was a blast! After shopping we headed to Charley's Restaurant for a few drinks and to unwind from all the shopping. I haven't had that much fun in a long time so it was very much needed.

Saturday we geared up to head to the Peterson Christmas Party in Vadnais Heights (St. Paul) area. We were suppose to get a few inches of snow but no big deal we were still heading up. It started snowing when we left town and just got worse as we kept going. We were going to pick up Sean in Shakopee so he could head up with his cousins. Graham was working and Patsy would be all by herself with 3 boys so she opted to stay home. The twins are VERY busy and in to everything. Home is just a safer more relaxing place for them. By the time we got to Patsy's we decided it was best to just head back home because the roads were crappy and everyone was going very slow. We stopped quick for pit stop then headed back home. A trip that should've taken 45 minutes took us almost 2 hours. We made the right choice but we were sure bummed missing all the relatives again this year. We will try again next year. We just spent a quiet evening at home instead.

Yesterday the kids enjoyed playing outside in the snow. Charlie is definitely more of an outdoor kid than the other too. He would've stayed out there all night but we finally had to bring him in when it was getting dark out. I love this time of year but only enjoy the snow until after the holidays. Then I wish it would get warm again. The temps are dropping so I don't think warm will be here for a LONG time.

No comments: