Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Lesson learned
My heart aches today. Being a mom is hard. You get pulled from so many directions and miss little things that mean the world to your kids. Today we pull up to church for CCD. I notice there is a lot more cars than normal but played it off as a meeting or some other function at church. It is that time of year for functions. I pull around the corner and see other parents walking into church with their kids bring plates of goodies. I parked and observed. Then I saw Braeden run across the street to the church instead of the school. I decided to investigate. I went in and saw a big crowd in the church but no kids. I went to the basement to find all the kids getting dressed up into pageant gear. :( I found Braeden and asked what was going on. He said "it is my Christmas Pageant today." Why didn't you tell me? I didn't know it was today. My heart was broken. I babysit a little baby who was not in any condition to sit through church today. She is 4 months old and very hungry. Emma has dance at 5:30 so we have to get her supper and ready while B is at CCD. Wednesday is a CRAZY day at the Otto house! I walked out of church almost in tears. I hate missing things!! I called Nick and he couldn't leave work and said exactly what I did, why didn't we know about this?. Braeden got home from CCD and cleaned out the back seat of Nick's car. Low and behold there was a paper that read "ATTENTION PARENTS". Ahhhh this is why we miss things! Lesson learned...bring in your papers so we can know what is going on!! He said it was okay we missed this one because he knows we won't miss his concert at school next week. At least he was understanding...and he said "mom it is okay because I still got cookies." PRIORITIES ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment