Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Long winter nights.....

It is so cold here! I am sick of these temps and so is everyone else. They closed school for tomorrow because of the expected wind chills. It is 9:30pm and already -40 degree wind chills. The temperatures are just going to continue to plummit all night long. Why do we live here? I am thankful that I work in my home so I don't have to venture out in this awful weather. Emma, Charlie and I haven't been out of the house since Sunday morning. I thought about that today and decided we needed to get out for a little while tonight. Nick, the kids and I went to Target and to the grocery store. It was perfect because Nick drove and I just ran in without the kids. We all got out of the house and no one had to get out of the van. We are so glad that we purchased our minivan with the dvd system installed. Braeden picked out a movie to watch and that kept him and Emma busy for the trip. Charlie was less than thrilled but he survived and needed to get out as well.

I am now trying to plan what I will do to keep Braeden busy all day tomorrow. Boredom means naughty so we have to keep him occupied! He loves to be a helper so I am sure that I can find some fun jobs around the house for him....sorting toys sounds like a good one ;)

I hope that everyone is staying warm! It is suppose to be in the high 30s on Monday....shorts weather for people in Minnesota ;)

No comments: