Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fun Weekend!

We were bummed that we couldn't go to Milwaukee so we decided to do something really fun with the kids. Friday night we went out to supper with Mary and Dean. We all went to Olive Garden and had a great supper. It was great food and great conversation.

Saturday we took the kids to the Wow Zone. I had never been but Braeden went for a birthday party. He was so excited to go again and show us around. Uncle Nick and Auntie Molly met us there for a day of fun. We arrived at 11am and started out with a game of bowling. The kids were so much fun to watch. Emma would scream wahoo every time she would roll the ball down the lane. Braeden stayed in his stance until he knew which pins were knocked down! After bowling we had lunch at one of the restaurants inside and that took forever. It was a little long on the kids so we will do something different next time. Braeden just wanted to forget about lunch and go play laser tag. We made him sit through it and rewarded him with the game right after lunch. Uncle Nick, Auntie Molly, Braeden and I all went in and played laser tag. It was a blast! I got some fun pictures of Braeden. He was the smallest kid playing but had so much fun. We split up into teams. Uncle Nick, Braeden and I were on a team and Auntie Molly was on the other team. We got 15 minutes to play and then at the end they print off your results. I KICKED BUTT! Who knew laser tag was my calling. I had the highest score amongst the 15 people that played. It was so much fun and we will do that again! After laser tag we played indoor mini golf so Emma could participate. It looked like a lot of fun because it was in the dark. The only lights were the black lights inside. It wasn't as much fun as it looked. It was a short course and the kids got bored quickly. We will avoid that next time. We finally left at 2:30 and went home for naps. We had to get ready for the evening.

Saturday night my sisters all came over. We ordered pizza, let the kids play and then played the Wii. It was a great time. After the kids went to bed we stayed up late playing the Wii. My arm still hurts from playing tennis. What a wuss I am!

It was a great weekend!

No comments: