It was a hard day for me today! My dog Max has had some bowel issues since May. My mom was working hard with him on his diet but it just wasn't getting better. The last few days there has been blood in his stool. Plus today he started vomiting bowel. Does it get any worse for the poor dog! Nick met me at the Vet this afternoon. The Vet we spoke to believes he either had IBV (irital bowel something) or Cancer. He said the only way to find out would be to do an exploratory surgery but 1. He is older and it would be really hard on him 2. Either outcome would make him be on meds for the rest of his life 3. It is VERY expensive! Nick and I made the tough decision to just put him down. I feel just awful!! What a hard decision to make. I felt so bad for him today because he would cry when he went to the bathroom. Poor puppy just hasn't had much a life. He has had to spend the last 6 months locked up in the laundry room so there wouldn't be accidents on the carpet or in the house. I am devastated that it came to this. We all loved him so much. The kids were really loving to help with him. We even brought him and Bella downstairs at night to hang out with us. I will miss him dearly!! Bella has been lost tonight without her buddy. She has hung out with Nick and I in the basement :(
Love you Max!! I have missed you since you had to move to nana and papas house! We were looking forward to moving you back with us when our house is ready. I will miss taking you on walks, loving you and your dang bark. It was annoying but the silence is percing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment