Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Life's Challenges!

I sit here and think how crappy it is that I am living in my parents basement with 3 kids when I have two homes in Mankato. I think about what my kids have been through the last few months and just hope that they are not scarred for life!! Will this pass anytime soon? When can we have our own house again? Could we just rewind time a few months and say change our minds? Life has thrown us some lemons and I am really trying to keep up on making all this lemonade! Some days are easier than others. Well I always have an eye opening experience on my down days and realize my life is nothing...NOTHING...to complain about. We have healthy kids, a home, vehicles and love one another. One of my great friends from high school has Stage 4 Cancer. I just read her Caring Bridge post and feel like an idiot for even complaining!!! What she has been through and will be going through at 31 is just not fair. It really gave me a reality check today, which I so desperately needed. This too shall pass and everyone is healthy. Kids are resilient and LOVE living with Nana and Papa. Really does it get any better when Nana brings freshly made donuts down for breakfast this morning! My kids were in heaven. A few of my friends and I are heading to Wisconsin to visit our dear friend Nicole! We can't wait to just give her a hug and maybe help her giggle a little this weekend. This year has sucked but what Nicole is going through is so much worse!! Saying several prayers and just thanking God every day for our healthy household and hoping he can make her healthy again soon!!

No comments: