Saturday, July 10, 2010

Whirlwind Trip!!

What a vacation we have had!! Braeden got home from the hospital Wednesday afternoon. We are so very grateful for Dr. Cathy Davis and her wonderful bedside manor!! I don't even know how to say thank you!! She is a miracle worker. I also have a new appreciation for my faith that is for sure! Call it what you want but I do believe God answered our prayers Tuesday afternoon. We are so very blessed. Braeden rested a lot Wednesday. We all kept a special eye on him. My sister Ali watched him so Nick and I could sneak away for a little adult time. We met some friends at Charley's. It was so nice to get away from everything for a few hours. Nick flew back to Kansas Thursday morning. The kids and I miss him terribly and I would love to get on a plane and be with him right now. We have been staying at my parents' house. It is great for Braeden because he has been getting a lot of rest that is so desperately needed.

This morning the kids swam with the Olivia and Jackson Chhoun. They all had a great time and it was fun to catch up with their mom. After they left we headed to the lake to celebrate Grandma Ruth's 91st Birthday. It was a perfect day for the lake, hot but with a gentle breeze! The kids played outside all day and we all even went on a few boat rides. Braeden and Emma stayed out there for the night and I brought Charlie in with me. He didn't take a nap at all today so he was exhausted...so am I!

We have one more week in Minnesota before we head back to Kansas to be with Nick. I am counting down the days!! I have enjoyed my time with my sisters, mom, dad and in-laws. Patsy and her family will be here Wednesday and I can't wait to see my nephews again! I am soaking all of this time up because it will be a long while before I come back.

No comments: