Monday, July 5, 2010
Braeden Update....
My poor boy has been through the mill and back!! He slept some last night and only got up once to throw up. He still has uncontrolled bowl movements. He is very well hydrated because of IV fluids that they are pumping into him continually since we got here. He did get up once today and walked the halls. They are still not sure what is causing all the discomfort in the right side. The doctors did a ultrasound and found nothing abnormal. Braeden has had his blood drawn twice today and it is not his favorite thing at all. He still isn't eating or drinking anything. He is on a clear liquid diet which consists of some nasty foods if you ask me. Poor kid has looked at the food and said no way!! We are pushing him to at least try bites of things. He is working on a popsicle at the moment. We are anxiously awaiting to hear more from the doctors on what to do about all his pain. He has lower right side pain but with the scans being negative they are ruling out appendicitis. His white blood cell count was up to 22 last night, then 17.3 this morning and now down to 13.9. They aren't sure if the fluids are diluting them or not. I guess it is suppose to be 10 or under (according to my dad). It is a waiting game and I am not a good one to sit and wait for answers. We have made some decisions about our trip home. The surgeon said that even if he is released tomorrow she doesn't want him sitting in a car to drive to Kansas for a few days. I was planning on coming back to Mankato on the 15th because Decadent Desserts is baking for a wedding on the 17th. Nick and I decided that it would be best for me to just stay in Mankato until the 18th :( I am really missing my house, bed, clothes that live in a dresser not a suitcase, and my own space. My children and husband will always come first so I understand this is best for our family just missing my stuff!! Nick is flying home Wednesday to get back to work. I am going to work from Mankato! I need to get busy on booking parties for the new lia sophia catalog. We are working hard to get everything figured out and get back to normal. We just aren't sure what our normal is yet. It seems like when it rains it pours but we flood!!! We really appreciate all our support from our family and friends. Thanks to Pierre and Jolene for bringing up an amazing supper from Charley's Restaurant tonight!! I will keep you posted as I learn more about Braeden. Right now Nick and Braeden are enjoying watching all the Star Wars movies. They are on number 5 so not sure what they are going to watch after they watch number 6!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment