Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home

AHHHH...is all I can say! I am so happy to be home!! Here is our trip in a nutshell:

June 24th: leave KS at 7am to head to Mankato, arrive in Mankato at 5pm
June 25th: van was hit, tornados went through Mankato. Both rentals flooded.
June 26th: Charlie gets croup, headed to Urgent care for steroids and breathing treatment. We were able to go home because we were staying with my parents. They really wanted to admit him to the hospital but felt that my dad was capable of making the call if Charlie had to go back in. More bad storms!
June 27th - June 30th: I had lia sophia Conference in Milwaukee (AWESOME!!)
June 30th: Nick flew in from KS, his dad picked him up from the airport and then picked me up form the bus stop from the lia conference.
July 2nd: Zak, Susan and girls arrive from Milwaukee. Braeden wakes up with severe stomach pains.
July 3rd: Braeden is still very sick. Hung out at the lake for the day while Braeden rested. Watched fireworks on the lake.
July 4th: I ran an 8K in St. Peter that was up hill the whole way!! We took Braeden to the ER because he was still very sick. He was admitted and tests were run.
July 5th: still in hospital. Suppose to head back to KS...didn't happen.
July 6th: still in hospital and contemplated being sent to Children's hospital in Twin Cities. Braedent took a nap and woke up a new kid.
July 7th: released from hospital in late afternoon
July 8th: Nick flew home
July 9th - 18th: the kids and I stayed in Mankato. Delivered desserts for a wedding on the 17th.

All I can say is that it was an interesting, exciting (if you can say that) trip home! We had a lot of downs but are looking up going forward. It was a long extended trip home. The kids and I had a great visit with all of our family. It was great to see everyone. I feel very behind in work and need to get started asap!! We are going to spend this week catching up on mail, life, laundry, and getting settled back in to our house. I am glad that we are all home and together again.

No comments: