Monday, July 5, 2010

Trip to Minnesota....

WOW...that is all I can say about our trip back to MN. We have scene it all!! The kids and I came home June 24th. I had two weddings to deliver desserts for on the 25th and 26th so needed to get back for that. The kids and I had a great drive home and made it to my parents' in only 9 1/2 hours. I only drove around Des Moines twice ;) I made a wrong turn out of McDonalds so that took an extra 20 minutes....UGH! It was great to see my mom and dad though!

Friday night the kids experienced their first real tornado warning! Braeden and Emma were terrified. We were in the basement with my mom and Auntie Molly. We did our best to occupy the kids. We supposedly live in tornado alley but had to come home to experience the tornados!! CRAZY!! We had a repeat Saturday night during Uncle Nick's surprise party! Fun times!!! At least everyone was safe and no damage was done. Our rental properties did get water in both basements so we are working on that right now. It is always something!!

Saturday Charlie woke up with croup so I took him to the doctor right away. They gave him a breathing treatment and steroids to help knock it out of him. At first they wanted to admit us to the hospital but when they realized we were staying at my parents they allowed him to go home. PHEW!! He did great that night and was on the mend Sunday. I headed to my lia sophia conference Sunday and was gone for 4 days! Charlie stayed with my parents. Braeden and Emma went to the lake.

I had a great time at my conference and really enjoyed a few days away!! It was definitely needed!! I love the new catalog and can't wait to start selling all the new jewelry in August! You can check out the new line starting August 1st on my website at www.liasophia.com/amyotto.

Nick flew in on Wednesday and my bus dropped me off in the cities on Wednesday. Dean picked us up in the cities and brought us to my parents. It was great to see my hubby after a week! The kids were so excited to see us too!! It is always great to all be together.

No comments: