Thursday, March 18, 2010
New Adventure
We are taking a big leap and moving out of Minnesota. Nick and I have been talking about this for several months and finally everything is falling into place. Nick got a new job in Wichita Kansas and starts April 1st. We are so excited for this big change. Back in October we decided something need to give. We needed something to make us happy as a family. Mankato is a great town to raise a family in but we have been here most of our lives. I have always wanted to move out of town. We saw this opportunity and decided it is best to do it while the kids are little. I had a long conversation with one of my best friends, Randa, about moving to Kansas. I don't want this move to wreck our friendship at all. We have been the best of friends longer than we have been with our husbands. God put us together at American Family training and we have seen each other through a lot of things. Nick and I wanted to move somewhere that wouldn't be too far for our families to drive to and where we knew someone to give us vital information. Randa and John have been so amazing through our big decisions and this transition. They have opened their doors to us and let us come down a few times so Nick could interview and we could check out the town. We can't say thank you enough to them. They have even opened their doors to let Nick move in for a few months to get established! Nick is moving down March 31st and will start diving into his new sales job immediately. The kids and I will be moving at the end of May or beginning of June. It is going to be a long two months without Nick here but we are so excited for this new chapter in our life! We want Braeden to be able to finish 1st Grade in Mankato. Emma also has been in dance all year and I really want her to be able to attend her first dance recital on May 23rd. We have goals and we will achieve them. Our house is on the market and we are hopeful it will sell soon! We plan on renting a home in Wichita while we get settled. We don't want to rush into buying a house and not liking it. We have looked at a lot of homes but nothing has jumped out at us at the moment. We feel renting will be our best option at the moment. Our families have been great and very supportive. We know they are sad that we are moving away but we will be back to visit. It is an 8-9 hour drive from Wichita to Mankato. Everyone is welcome to come visit us as well. They golf all year round in Kansas ;) I think that was one of the highlights of our trip in January for Nick. We were looking at houses and people were golfing! It was a long ride home back to the snow that is for sure. We are glad that they still have 4 seasons and we are preparing for the hot summer this year. I will keep you all posted with how this all goes for us. I am excited to hear how quickly the kids pick up on the accent when we move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So looking forward to you being here, our kids playing together and the hot Kansas wind! Accents...funny! :)
Post a Comment