Tuesday, October 27, 2009

NYC

My mom and I went to NYC this past weekend. It was so nice to get away for a few days. It was even better to go with my mom. I really enjoyed our time together without other people to interrupt. We arrived Thursday night at 6pm but it took 2 hours to get to our hotel because of traffic. It was worth the wait because our hotel was fabulous!! We stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Time Square. We had a great view and we were very close to a lot of fun places. My Uncle Jim came to our hotel and we were all able to have a wonderful supper. We even got dessert...YUMMY!! After supper we walked around and took everything in. NYC is an amazing place. I couldn't get over how busy it was in Time Square at 11pm at night. We walked around for a long time and then headed back to the hotel to go to bed. We were getting up early to stand in line for GMA.

Mom and I got up early, 5am, and waited in line for a few hours. Come to find out you need to have a reservation to actually get in the studio for GMA. We did not know this. There was still an opportunity to get in if there was enough room in the studio after everyone else got in. Unfortunately we weren't able to get into the studio but we were given the opportunity to wait outside for Sam Champion to come out and do the weather. Mom and I of course waited. Sam Champion is the person mom was most excited to meet. When he came out we were both star struck but I was able to get some great pictures! After Sam went back inside mom and I started our venture for the day. It was 8:15am and starting to get chilly outside. We didn't care. We started walking and kept walking all over town. We made it to the Empire State Building and then all the way to Union Square. I had a map but it wasn't clearly marked. The way it looked it seemed that we could walk to China Town from our hotel and it wouldn't take that long to get there. Boy was I mistaken. We kept walking and walking and walking but weren't getting any closer. It was almost 12pm and we were meeting Uncle Jim for lunch so we decided to forgo China Town until after lunch. After lunch we decided to take a nap instead. We were trying to cram everything we could into one day. It was exhausting!! After naps we had clearer heads and decided to accomplish a few things that evening. Uncle Jim took us to Soho and Little Italy. What a fabulous part of town. We found a baby shop, Bundle, tucked away on a side street in Soho. I was in heaven and bought Charlie the most handsome outfit ever! The owner was telling us that Jude Law had been in her shop the day before. DANG IT...I would have loved to meet him ;) We had a fabulous supper in Little Italy and then walked around some more. Mom and I were exhausted and our feet were done for the day. We had to get back so we could rest for China Town the next day.

Saturday we walked some more. It was so much fun to see everything that we could. We stayed by Central Park during the morning. We even had drinks at the Tavern on the Green. It was a fabulous place and what a treat to be able to stop in and check it out. China Town was in the afternoon and what an adventure that was. I don't think I ever need to go back there again. Every two feet I heard....'hand bag, hand bag, purses, purses'....ANNOYING!! Uncle Jim did warn us but we still wanted to check it out. We all made it out of there alive and with some great stories!! Mom and I did both get a purse so I guess they annoyed us right into a purchase! After our adventure to China Town we went back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the evening. We made it to Serendipity for dessert after supper and that was so amazing to me. After watching the movie I have always wanted to go there. It was worth the wait but the $45 t-shirt stayed at the restaurant. We ended our trip with drinks at the hotel on the 48th floor. The floor rotated around the hotel so we got a 360 degree view of NYC. It was amazing and a great way to end the trip!

I had so much fun with my mom and uncle! I can't wait to go back! I just hope to next time I don't have to sit next to the guy with B.O. on the airplane! The best part was when he dropped his cocaine on the seat! What a trip but it was so much fun!!

No comments: