C had a great day yesterday. He didn't have a fever and only needed one neb treatment all day. He was such a happy boy and flirted with all the nurses. He was sleepy and took a few naps. Some were short because random people would barge in our room. I finally asked the nurse to put a sign on the door. Now everyone has to check in at the nurses desk before coming in. That helped a lot! Nick took the day off to spend with C and I in the hospital. It was so great to have him here to help. The days get long with just me trying to entertain C. We spend a lot of time walking the halls and pulling C in a wagon. He ate grapes and a few bites of hospital pizza last night. We were so hoping that this was going to be our last night in the hospital. At 10pm things went down hill. His saturation while awake was at 91. The doctor wants to see it at 90 or above while sleeping before we can go home. When C fell asleep his saturation slipped to 86 and needed to be placed on oxygen. He was on oxygen until 3am. He woke up at 3am because the oxygen tubing got all tangled up in his legs. I took him for a walk and when we got back the nurse decided to try no oxygen. He has been able to keep his saturation at 95 while sleeping. The doctor said that he has to have a full night without oxygen before we can go home. I am thinking we will be here until Friday now. Please say some prayers that he can keep his saturation good today. We would love to go home! We miss B and E terribly!! B and E are sick so they are not able to come up to visit. It has been a long week for our family and I am ready for it to be over. My parents have been great help and we really appreciate it. Nick has to work today so my mom is going to come visit with C and I. I know C will love seeing Nana. Papa comes to check on him a couple times during the day and he lights up as soon as he walks in the room. I am hopeful that today he will finally start to eat and this will help turn everythind around!
Please send some good vibes our way. Yesterday, on top of everything else, Nick got a flat tire. He noticed it when he was going to leave to take B to school. When it rains it pours at the Otto house. Of course they couldn't fix the tire so he had to buy a new one! We don't need anything else to go wrong. We need healthy kids, working vehicles and houses that don't have things that break!
No comments:
Post a Comment