Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hospitalized :(

C had to be hospitalized last night. He was doing so well early on in the evening. He then woke up, got sick and spiked a high temp. I took him to the ER at 9pm. We stayed in the ER until midnight when we finally were brought upstairs to a room. He has had several neb. treatments and needs oxygen while he sleeps. His saturation is down in the low 80s while he sleeps and walks around. Poor baby! They tested him for RSV and Influenza and both came back negative. He spiked a new fever this afternoon and with him needing oxygen we were told we were staying another night at least. Long days and nights for us ahead! He didn't sleep last night, neither did I. He hasn't slept more than an hour at a time today. He wakes up and can't breathe. He won't eat and only drinks milk. It has been a long day but the nurses have been great. Nick just got here and he is so excited to see his dad! I am so excited to have 10 minutes of a break. I am hopeful that this will pass and we can get home soon.

No comments: