Saturday, December 27, 2008

World Wind Week!!

We hope that everyone had a great Christmas. We sure did! The kids are still in overload mode but we are working our way through it. We started our Christmas celebration with the Otto's on Christmas Eve. It was so much to hang out and just have a relaxing day. We sure missed Zak, Susan and Lydia this year. The kids had a great time and we were home at a decent time. We got them all ready for bed. We set out the cookies and milk for Santa and off to bed they went. I thought for sure that Braeden would wake us up early saying..."Mommy and Daddy Santa came!" Boy was I mistaken. I was up at 6am waiting for my kids to run into our room. I was still waiting at 7am. At 7:20 Nick and I hear Braeden yell for us from his room. He didn't want to get out of bed. We told him to get up and just come in our room. He came in and we asked him if Santa came. He said he didn't know and didn't want to check. The poor kid thought Santa was still in the house. He was so freaked out! He said I have to go potty so bad will you come with me. I felt awful! I didn't think of him getting scared at all. We had to explain to him that Santa just drops the presents off and leaves. After we talked to him he ran out to the tree to see all the presents. Then he woke up his sister. We had a great time opening presents. After opening presents at our house we headed off to my parents' house for the day. The kids got so much stuff but had a wonderful Christmas!

Yesterday my mom, Patsy and I went shopping in the morning. I believe we have been getting up early to do after Christmas shopping for the last 7 years. We have so much fun and just enjoy getting some deals. It was also Emma's birthday. Nick, Braeden, Charlie and I took her to Applebee's for lunch. It is her favorite place to go. They even sang Happy Birthday to her. She thought that was the best! Last night we spent the evening with the Hoffman's. We love getting together with them every year. It was so fun to hang out and catch up with everyone!

Today is our 5th wedding Anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for 5 years already. The time goes by so quickly! Nick's mom and dad are coming over to watch all 3 kids tonight so we can go out for a nice dinner and maybe a movie.

I will try to post pictures at some point today. I think naps are in everyones agenda for the day today!

1 comment:

Randa said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I hope you have a great night out! Helena is so sweet!! Thank you for the gifts! I LOVE THE CANDLE!!! And Nolan LOVED the books, I was trying to look at one of them and he advised me that wasn't a good idea. :) Have a great weekend!
Randa