Friday, May 11, 2012

Birthdays

This month is always so busy. Both my boys have May birthdays. We do one family party for the boys and then Braeden has a friend party. It is hectic. It seems like everything ends in May too. Also, wedding and graduation season are booming in May. This past week I was in the commercial kitchen several days getting ready for weddings, birthdays, welcome home parties, baptism and some more just because I was thinking of you. Oh and don't forget Mother's Day. Haha! I also had my first inspection; which went perfectly. It was a crazy week and my crazy self decided it would be a great weekend to have the boys' birthday party. HA..what was I thinking?!?! Obviously I felt I was Wonder Woman but clearly I am not. I am proud to say I survived and learned some great lessons this week. I want my kids to have fun thoughtful parties but my husband thinks they won't remember so why do so much. Maybe it is for myself because I secretly want these fun parties. I made EVERYTHING! I think I spent about $5 on the decorations and the rest was just time spent putting it all together. Braeden was a huge help this week too. He weeded tonight! Crazy kid! He even offered to clean up dog poop. WHAT?!?! Do you think he wanted something? ABSOLUTELY! He wanted to play on the computer and felt if he helped he earned it. Well he was right. He put together some fun things for his party as well. I love how it all came together. It made for late nights this week but the best is when it is all over. Tomorrow night will be so much fun when I can sit and relax with some fabulous neighbors. Biggest lesson learned this week was learned tonight: 'when you are trying out new things and using cupcakes make sure they aren't cupcakes that were ordered!' Yep..I used an order and had to remake them. FRUSTRATED!! Stay tuned for pictures Sunday. The theme this year..Legos!

No comments: