Saturday, January 14, 2012

Emma's Birthday Party

I had so much fun setting up Emma's party. I went a little mental over decorating, planning and buying things for the girls. I did stop myself from getting them all robes, slippers and pajama pants. I felt that was a little much ;) HAHA! Would have been super cute though. My mom was a great help today. We did nails, hair and the girls did their own make-up. The chocolate mask was a huge hit and we all had a lot of giggles. t the last minute we came up with pin the crown on the princess. Mom drew the princess and all the crowns. The girls had a blast! Here are some pictures:

Here is the dessert/treat table. My friend Randa has always had the cutest set-ups for her kids. I took inspiration from her and decided I too could do something fun. I made all the signs, labels and pom poms for the party. Everything had a fun label on it that coordinated with the decor. The birthday girl requested strawberry cupcakes with hot pink frosting. I also made some chocolate cake pops to add to the table. The girls were able to take home m&ms and gumballs which also coordinated with the colors.


The pom poms were made with a little frustration the first time. With a little help from Randa they turned out perfect. I want to hang them in Emma's room because they are so cute.

Oh pinterest you are so fabulous and addicting. I found this amazingly easy lip gloss recipe. The tutorial is perfect and oh so easy to follow. You only need TWO ingredients. It doesn't get easier than that. She even had cute labels to print out. It made it so easy. I ordered the containers off of Amazon for $1/container. EASY!

What spa party wouldn't be complete without some bubble bath to take home. Again I found this recipe from pinterest. I found the containers at Target in the travel size section. I made up my own labels. Perfect addition to the ever growing goody bag.

The girls each got their own mirror, which I purchased at the dollar store. They were pink and stood up on their own. Perfect for them to use to put on the chocolate mask that I made. I used cream cheese, honey and some cocoa. The girls had a blast putting it on. In their goody bags they got: a hair tie, eye mask, pedicure/manicure kit, nail polish, and a bath sponge.

I am pretty sure that I over did for my 6 year olds birthday party BUT I had so much fun giving her a girly girly party. I also loved being able to make most of the stuff we used. I have started to plan Braeden's birthday party. Randa...you are so right this is awfully addicting!



No comments: