We had the most perfect Christmas this year. The kids were spoiled and we were able to spend a ton of time with family. Christmas Eve Nick and I had his parents and my friend Annie over for fondue. Dean and Mary 1st joined us for Christmas Eve mass. It was perfect! Charlie was not perfect but thank goodness the people around us found it enjoyable. We then went home and made fondue. It was amazing. We had great food, great wine and perfect conversation. I couldn't have asked for a better night. Christmas morning was spent seeing what Santa brought. If you aren't aware yet Christmas is my most favorite holiday! When I was little I was always the first one to wake up and would wake up the whole house. Sometimes it would be 4am. My parents made us wait until 5:30 - 6:00am before we could open anything. Nick told the kids they couldn't come get us until 7am. WHAT!! I was dying waiting for them to come up and wake us up. Finally at 7am I could hear foot steps running up the steps. In came all the kids anxious to open everything up. It was perfect! They got everything they wanted and had time to play with everything while I got everything ready to go to my parents house. Every year I make monkey bread and caramel puff corn to take so we all can snack on something while we open presents. It is a tradition I have done for years so intend to continue it for years to come. We headed over to my parents around 10am and spent the whole day with my family. It was perfect. The kids were spoiled and so very tired by the time we got home.
Monday I woke up super early to do the annual tradition of shopping with my mom and sisters. This year it was just Ali, my mom and I. I picked them up at 5am and we started our trek at Kohls. Then we went to Caribou for breakfast and a pick me up. It is always so much fun having some girl time and getting all the deals. I finally got home at about 11am and was exhausted but pushed through so I could get ready for Emma's birthday party. I still can't believe she is 6 already! We just had family over for cake and ice cream. It was perfect and simple. She will be having her friend party in a few weeks. That will be chaotic and fun for the girls!
What a great Christmas it was this year. We were in our own home, everyone was healthy and we were able to enjoy everything about the holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment