Poor Charlie! He woke up Monday night saying that he has drops in his ear and asked me to get them out. I felt his ear and there was no drainage but he kept saying he had drops in his ear. We haven't been putting drops in his ear for a couple weeks now. I called his Ear Doc Monday morning but had to leave a message with the nurse. I got a call back yesterday afternoon stating Charlie needs to be seen. We went in this morning and the doctor said that there is no fluid in his ear but there is a 'scab' on his ear drum. He had me look at it. It looks like when you get a bad cut or scrap and crusts yellow. He also saw saw a white moon shaped marking that he believes is scar tissue but with Charlie he just wants to make sure. He wants to take him into surgery again to clean off his ear drum. Then he will make a small slit into the ear drum to see if there is any signs of the Chlosteatoma. AWESOME! I am so confused why we had a CT Scan if he isn't sure if the Chlosteatoma is all gone or not. REALLY...was the CT Scan a waste then? Surgery is scheduled for November 16th but in the meantime this mommy is getting a second opinion. I am frustrated with how this is all being handled and the lack of information/explanation that is being supplied to me. Why would a scab form on the ear drum? He said that he sees this in elderly people and can clean it off in the office but since Charlie is only 3 he can't do that and finds it a good time to look for Chlosteatoma. I am thankful that I have a pull at the Mayo Health System with Molly. Mayo is a swear word in our family but when it comes to my kids I will cross the line ;) The Ear Specialist is suppose to be amazing with kids and has a fellowship in pediatrics. Sean had his tonsils removed by her. I am up for whatever at this point. I would just like some answers and the issues resolved! This is my baby and my baby's hearing that we are playing with!
To be continued......
No comments:
Post a Comment