Friday, October 7, 2011

Speech...

I found out this afternoon that Charlie is going to need to work with a speech therapist again. His teacher at preschool thought something was off and had a specialist come work with him and see. When she first approached me about it I will be honest I was pretty annoyed. Lynette did such a great job getting him to talk and Becca, a speech therapist, signed off on him back in May. His preschool teacher only new him for one day and was making an assumption. I quickly changed my tune because I am not going to be a parent that will say my kid is perfect and there is nothing wrong with him. I know I am with him 24/7 so I can understand him. When I compare to where he was a year ago it is amazing to here him carry out conversations with everyone. After we found out that he has other ear issues I was worried about his speech and hearing. I am okay with having someone work with him because I don't want him to be behind when he starts Kindergarten. It is best to figure it out now. Just sad that he probably does have some hearing issues that are affecting his speech. We are blessed to have such amazing people around us to hold our hands and make sure he gets the help he needs. We are all healthy so this is very minor in the long scheme of life.

No comments: