Saturday, August 4, 2012

Eventful Week

We have had the most fun week of the summer. Monday Braeden learned how to water ski! Hard to believe at 9 he can get up on skis. He looks so little skiing behind the pontoon boat. He doesn't need the speed boat to pull him out of the water because he is only maybe 60lbs soaking wet. My little boy is growing up. He went back to the lake Thursday night and got up without a problem! My kids are such water kids!

Emma had dance tryouts on Thursday. I am proud to say we have now entered a new stage in dance. She made rec team and hip hop team. I am so proud of her!! Her best friend tried out with her and they both made the same hip hop team. Emma is a year younger than her so they are on different rec teams. The girls were pretty bummed because they have danced together for the last 3 years. Her friends mom and I are bummed as well but excited that they can at least dance hip hop together. We will do play dates and it will be perfect!

Charlie has started putting his face under the water! This is HUGE! He has been so hesitant because he hates getting water in his ear. Friday my neighbor, Jen, and I took our kids to the pool to play. Charlie hangs out in the kiddie pool and the other kids get free rain of the pool and diving boards. Maddie, Jen's daughter, was swimming around in the kiddie pool and Charlie started copying her. He even held his breath and swam towards Jen and I kicking his legs! What an accomplishment. I couldn't be more proud.

My kids have had the best week!! Tonight they are staying at the lake for the night and I get a much needed alone night. Nick is in Madison on a golf trip with his brother. I am catching up on uploading pictures, updating my website and all other work related things that can never get done!

No comments: