First I started with a cookie sheet and glass gems from the dollar store, magnets from Wal-Mart, 1 inch punch, mod podge, foam brush, glue stick, E6000 glue and fun paper
I then printed jobs to punch out and glue on the back of the gems. Here is the website I used here. I cut them out with the 1 inch punch and glued them face up to the back of the gems with the glue stick. I then spread mod podge on the back. I laid them out to dry for an hour.
After they dried I glued the magnets on the back with the E6000 glue. I
let them dry overnight. While they dried I made up how to distinguish if
the jobs need to be done, were done or are jobs that can earn money. I
came up with this:
Then instead of gluing the sheet to the cookie sheet I decided to just tape it. I like change and know that I will want to change out the paper based on the time of year or just when I find cute paper I want to use. By gluing it, it makes it harder to change.
I put it all together and then remembered I had to drill holes in the cookie sheet to run ribbon through it.
Then I ran ribbon through it to hang it up on the wall.
Here are all the chore charts completed. They turned out better than I thought. The kids enjoy being able to move their jobs around. It has worked well to tell them they have to get them done before they can do other things for the day. The money jobs are great too because they can earn a little bit during the week during jobs that are over and above their normal day to day jobs. We didn't want to pay them for making their bed, brushing their teeth, cleaning their room or the normal jobs they have to do. They get paid to empty the dishwasher, clean the sink, dust, vacuum, etc. It is working great so far but it has only been a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment