Monday, March 26, 2012

Runway

The last few weeks have been insanely busy. I feel like every post I write states that I am so busy, well I am! My friend Nissa from Nissa Nakia Photography and Nicole from Karizma decided to design a costume for Raw Fusion in Mankato this year. Little insight on Raw Fusion it is put on by the Minnesota River Builders Association. All the proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity. The people who sign up to build costumes must build them out of building materials. My friends asked me to model. I was like sure what do I have to lose. Never model ever but they assured me it would be easy and no one would recognize me with the ideas they had. I said sign me up. WOW...who knew all that in involved. Not only have I had a million orders to bake, ship or deliver I have been spending hours with the girls helping get the costume together. It has been a lot of really REALLY late nights and lots of frustration. We have called in favors from friends...thanks Rachel Krediet for coming to our rescue the first night of design. Now we are coming to the end of design and preparing for the debut which is Thursday. THURSDAY! WHAT..that is only a few days away and now it really is going to occur. Yesterday we did the first trial run with my hair. I always enjoy getting my hair done even if it is wacky. When I came home Emma said wow you got your hair done but it looks funny. Charlie told me I looked creepy...haha..brutal honesty but oh so funny! No hurt feelings here because we aren't going for the bridal/prom updo. This is industrial to match our costume. Tonight is another trial with hair and make-up. Again I enjoy being able to sit and just relax while getting my hair and make-up done. When we were first building the costume I stood in heals for 7 hours the first night. OUCH...my feet were terribly sore for a few days. Now I can enjoy relaxing a little. This week is crazy busy with Raw Fusion rehearsal on Wednesday and the event Thursday evening. I also have orders to complete, a wedding on Saturday, mom's 60th birthday Saturday and a big birthday party order for Sunday...OH YEAH..and the kids are on Spring Break! Yeah me...I am bummed I don't really get to do anything super fun with them for Spring Break. We are staying home so I can get everything done in a timely fashion. I just want to enjoy the week so did a lot of prep work the last few days to take the stress of the week. Phew...learning as I go with my business so it is always a bonus when I can say I feel relaxed about the week even with all that is going on. I will post pictures this weekend from the show. The costume is amazing and Nissa has put a ton of time into it.

No comments: