Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Get Lucky 7K

This past weekend my sister, Patsy, and I ran the Get Lucky 7K. I ran it last year and had so much fun. I convinced her to run with me this year. It was her first race and we had a blast. We have spent the last few months collecting items for our outfit. Last year I didn't know what to expect and didn't plan for a fun outfit. Now I know everyone goes all out so we jumped in with both feet and found some fun things! My goal was to stay with Patsy the whole time. I tried so hard but kept getting a head of her. I felt terrible. I stopped a few times and waited for them, Patsy and her other friends, to catch up. I really didn't think I got as far ahead of them as I did. I stopped at the water tables and waited for a while but then realized I wouldn't find them until the finish line. We all met up at the finish and enjoyed a little celebration of our own. It was so much fun and I am so proud of Patsy for finishing. Here are some pictures from the race. I can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Slow poke sister ;)