Friday, March 2, 2012
Lent
This year we all gave up candy for lent. The kids didn't know what they were getting into. We threw away all the candy we had in our house so we wouldn't have temptations. They have all asked for it and asked if we could give something else up instead. It has been a week and we are all wanting candy. Peanut M&Ms are my vice! I LOVE them and always have them in the house. Now how does one get a chocolate fix? All I need is a little. Well good thing I have a great chocolate frosting recipe! Yum...frosting on animal crackers. I only need a couple but it does the job..until Sunday ;) Braeden learned at CCD this week that Sundays are not included in Lent so we can have candy on Sunday. You should have seen how excited he was. The smile that was on his face was priceless. Now all the kids are planning what they are going to eat for candy on Sunday. Braeden did also explain the purpose of lent to the kids so we had a nice lesson at supper on Wednesday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How cute! I remember those days ;)
Post a Comment