Thursday, May 19, 2011

SLEEP....

UGH....that is all I can say right now. Braeden has been having trouble sleeping at night and it is really driving me and Nick crazy. He will fall asleep for a few hours and than wake up about midnight. He comes into our room and wakes us up to tell us he can't sleep. We tell him to go back to bed, relax and just lay there until he falls asleep. He will leave and then comes back in a minute later crying telling us he can't sleep and he is frustrated. Well chico we are frustrated too! This continues for an hour which results in yelling, crying and frustration from all. I don't know what to do anymore. I am exhausted! I am sick of being frustrated with him all the time. We have tried the melatonin trick like we did when he had night terrors. It isn't working! We are trying to convince him to lay in bed and just relax. We tell him that he needs to stay in bed because getting up is waking him up more. UGHH....FRUSTRATING! I even told him to read a book to relax some. Nick and I will just fall back asleep and have the door fly open and a hysterical child enter our room. Or we will be sleeping, hear the door open and not see anyone ( I am completely blind without my glasses in the dark) but awake to a face right in my face. It is freaky!! This too shall pass but I hope it passes soon. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Mindy Holahan said...

I had trouble sleeping sometimes when I was a little kid. Mom gave me a tape; one side had a recording of a waterfall and the other a recording of someone canoeing down a river. It worked great. I would listen to it with headphones on - they would fall off when I went to sleep.

There are a couple of meditation podcasts specifically for kids in the iTunes store. In the search box, type in "Meditation for Kids," then scroll down to the podcasts section of the results. I haven't listened to them, but they might help.

Also, maybe he's worried about something but doesn't know how to tell you. I know I can't sleep when I'm worried about stuff.

Good luck, darlin!