Thursday, December 17, 2009

Speech and more....

C had another session this week with his teacher. He is doing so well and we are so impressed with how far he has come in such a short amount of time. He is now saying mama and dada consistently. He also has expanded his signing language. It is so cute to see him sign thank you. As he signs thank you he uses his inflections to say thank you. We are so excited to hear him start to try to talk. We have been teaching him through music. He loves to listen to music and has a few songs from his teacher that he loves to listen to. We play them over and over and over again, all day long.

We are getting ready for Christmas. It sure is a big task every year but I wouldn't have it any other way. This has to be my most favorite time of year. I do over extend myself every year and every year I say I won't do it next year. Well shocking but I did over extend myself once again this year. I always survive and I will this year too. We leave for Milwaukee tomorrow evening. We are all so excited to spend the weekend with Zak, Susan, Lydia and Helena. It will be so much fun to see the cousins play together. Hopefully the weather is nice so we can get outside some too.

Auntie Alli is coming home! We can't wait to see her either. We are hopeful that we will get to visit with her on Sunday when we return from Milwaukee. It has only been a few weeks since we saw her in Michigan but it still feels like it was months ago. I am so glad that she will be home for a few weeks. We have lots of movies we need to watch, talking we need to do and Wii games to play. I expect to see lots of Alli and I can't wait!! We now have a bunk bed for her to sleep in so she should be all set.

Uncle Graham will be home as well! We haven't scene Uncle Graham in a long....LONG time! I know that Auntie Patsy can't wait for him to come home tomorrow evening. I can't imagine being without my husband every night. It will be nice for all of us to have time as a family, if Sean will share his daddy for a little while ;)

Christmas seems to sneak up faster and faster every year. I remember as a child it took forever to come. Now that I have children of my own I would like time to slow down some. I just want to bottle up these last few weeks to enjoy them a little longer. The long winter sets in January 2nd!!

Here are the pictures I promised from Santa. We sure had a great time.




No comments: