Monday, August 17, 2009
Cleanse....
Do they ever work? Really as soon as you say you can't eat something you are twice as hungry! Nick and I had decided we would do a cleanse. We have eaten and drank a lot this summer and both just felt we needed something to feel better. I said lets start today. The cleanse consists of eating just fruits and vegetables and then drinking only water. It suggests to do it for at least 3 days but says that once you get the hang of it many people do it for a lot longer period of time. Nick and I were set this morning. I cut up 2 cantaloupe over the weekend and we had a ton of other fruit to pick from. We lacked in vegetables but thought if we could get through the day we would go to the store for veggies before supper. We both had big bowls of fruit for breakfast and lunch. We could snack on fruit or veggies if we needed to. NEEDED TO that is an understatement. When you eat an apple you are always hungry an hour later. Well I can promise you that it works for all fruit. Maybe it was the fact that we were only allowed to eat fruit and veggies but we were both starving by supper. We were doing great though. We got everyone in the van and headed to the grocery store. Too bad Applebee's is right next door. We were both easily convinced to eat at Applebee's for supper and forget the cleanse! Guess it isn't for us. We both said that if you could have some substance it would be better. We live for our carbs and if you take them all away we are not happy people! It was so energizing eating a salad from Applebee's with a diet pop. I don't think I would have made it through my workout tomorrow morning had I not had good food tonight. Maybe we will try again some other time but doubt it. We made it more than half the day so that is good enough for us. I don't think either one of us will be eating fruit any time soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is hilarious! that's also why even if you make it through the cleanse, most gain wt back because they need some substance :)
Post a Comment