Saturday, June 27, 2009
Eye update...
I had an eye appointment yesterday. I had been seeing a blurry spot in my eye and I was really nervous. I also started having flashes in my eye. The last few days I was worried that something was really wrong I would have to have surgery again. My sister, Patsy, took me to my appointment in Minneapolis. I am so thankful to have such great family to help with my appointments and the daycare kids. When we got to the appointment the receptionist said that I wasn't scheduled. I was annoyed. She made the appointment 3 weeks earlier. She said that my doctor is on vacation but they could get me in to see another doctor. I told her that was fine and that I didn't want to have to drive home and come back. We didn't have to wait very long at all this appointment. The doctor I saw was great and he was just as nice as my doctor. He told me the blurry spot I am seeing is the actual buckle that is in my eye. The few flashes I am seeing are normal while my eye heals. I was so relieved! I was suppose to have laser surgery to correct the retina in my left eye. The doctor said they would do that in a month when I see my doctor. I was a little disappointment because I had been psyching myself up for it all day. Now I get to stress about it for a month. The best news was that I could get fitted for new contacts! I can't wait to be able to see better!! I called the clinic in Mankato as soon as we left the office. The receptionist was able to get me in Tuesday. Only a few more days until I can see! I can't wait!! After my appointment Patsy and I went shopping and out for supper. It was great to have time with her. I guess the best thing that has come out of all of this is that I have been able to spend a lot more time with my sisters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment