Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life...

The last week has been so crazy at our house. Nick and I were trying to adjust back to Minnesota time and the kids were adjusting to having us home. They sure enjoyed the rules that Nana and Papa have a lot more than our rules. It was a long week at the Otto house. We came home to Charlie cutting 3 new teeth. Poor little boy was a wreck and didn't sleep much at all. It sure was wearing on Nick and I who were already dealing with the time change. The teeth popped through and he is a much happier boy and so are we! Sleep is key! Braeden was home sick on Monday. I enjoyed having the day with him. We spent the rest of the week readjusting everyone to their schedules. Friday night I suggested a movie night. We were all exhausted and just needed something low key. It helped that it was raining outside too. The kids were so excited to watch a movie and have popcorn. It is so nice to have kids that will just sit and zone on a movie when Nick and I need a break. It doesn't happen often but we all enjoy it!! Charlie enjoyed crawling around and getting chased after by mom and dad. He is perfecting is ability to climb the stairs. The thinks it is hilarious to climb them and then fall backwards. It is funny to him because we catch him. To us it is one more thing we have to worry about. The gate at the bottom of the stairs is now has to be up at all times. Oh the joys of crawling babies!! We are remembering what it was like with Braeden and Emma. Charlie sure bumps his head a lot more than the other two ever did. We remember following Braeden around every where. With Emma we let her explore a little more and weren't so protective. Now with Charlie we are constantly hearing him fuss because he has bumped his head once again. He gets to explore the whole house and enjoys every second of it. At least until he bumps his head. His forehead looks like a war zone! He is going to be the toughest of the three!

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Sweet! I remember movie nights when we were little! How fun were they! I am home with a sick little one. I just don't see an end in sight! Poor guy. Kiss your babes for me. Love the pics!