Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hawaii

Wow! I can't believe that we leave for Hawaii in 2 days. It seems like just yesterday my parents were telling us about our fabulous vacation. It is a lot of work getting ready to leave 3 kids behind and go away for a week. A year ago when my parents told Nick and I about the trip they told us that the kids were also invited. As selfish as this sounds we opted to leave our kids behind. Nick and I have not been on a vacation together since our honeymoon 5 years ago. My wonderful in-laws will be taking care of my 3 kids while we are away. They offered to even stay at our house so that it doesn't disrupt to many routines. We love them dearly and hope they have a wonderful week with our children! This works out wonderfully because Braeden goes to school right down the road from our house. He needs his routine and this will keep him right on track. Emma will be going to my friends house for the week. My friend also does daycare and offered to take Emma. Emma loves her so it will be a great week for her. I am sure she will like the change of scenery for the week too. Charlie will be staying with nana and papa during the day. I think I have everything set. Most everyone knows how neurotic I am about things. I have everything laid out for the what ifs. I don't think I have forgotten anything. Now if I can just relax and enjoy our trip! It seems so surreal that we are actually going to be leaving. I know it won't sink in for a while but we are going to enjoy ourselves!

2 comments:

Randa said...

Enjoy your time with Hubby!! Kids will be great...they are in great hands!! Have a great time and enjoy the sun and sand!! And a cocktail or two! :)

Randa

Patsy said...

Bring on the warmth and sun! Lawn chairs and cocktails by the beach are just what the doctor ordered. See you bright and early!