Thursday, February 19, 2009

No Luck....

We have had an expensive week!! It all started Friday when I had the repair guy out to look at our dishwasher. It has been really loud lately. We bought it October 2007 so we didn't think it should be broken already. Well I was wrong. The repair guy said it needed a new motor...$350 for a new motor and labor. What a joke! We are going to deal with the loud dishwasher for now and will replace it with a new one this summer! Friday night Nick was going to take Braeden and Emma to the YMCA to play while I took Charlie for pictures. I went to open the garage door to get Nick's car out and the door wouldn't go up. The motor was running but the door wouldn't open. We had the repair guys out for that garage door 2 weeks ago and they said they fixed it. Apparently they didn't. Good thing the other door went up without any issues. We all made the treck to the mall for Charlie's pictures. Emma and Braeden were disappointed but Nick took them to the play area in the mall and that helped a little. We made it through the weekend without any more issues. Today comes and it is a great day...until after breakfast. I was cleaning all the kids up and Emma went downstairs. She yells up the stairs.."Mommy some water spilled." I was confused and just thought Nick left a water bottle in the basement. I asked her where the water was and she just said right here. I shouldn't expect much explanation from a 3 year old. I ran downstairs and there was water by the sump pump. GREAT! It was seeping towards the computer and by our table and chairs in the basement. I immediately shut down the computer and moved it. Then I call Nick to come home. I also called my dad. Thank God my dad has Thursdays off. Nick and my dad found that the pipe going outside to drain the water was clogged. The water was shooting out by the valve that goes into the basement. I am not good with the technical terms. All I know is there was water every where and I had 6 kids to tend too. I am so thankful to have family in town that knows how to repair things. My dad and Nick had it fixed in a few hours. The kids enjoyed the chaosis of the day! Hopefully everything is fixed and we won't have anything break for a while.

Here are some pictures of the kids from the week. I love the ones of Charlie crawling!!


She is so peaceful when she sleeps!


Look at me. I can get under things now!


Check out the new jammies from Nana from the pool!




No comments: