Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Stomach Bug

The last day of school is tomorrow, Thursday, and we have had the stomach bug at our house since Friday. UGH....it started with Emma on Friday morning. She missed the school festival that night and was so sad. It is something the kids look forward to every year. She was also suppose to have a friend sleepover so we had to reschedule :(. It was only a 24 hour bug and she felt a lot better by that evening and back to herself by the next day. Monday evening the bug visited Braeden. Poor kid wakes us up in the night and said..'I got sick but I can still go to donuts with dad in the morning.' He tried to clean it up himself so that he could go to school :( Broke my heart! Tuesday was a hard day for him to miss. He had to miss donuts with dad, Kopischke Cash Auction and fast food lunch. He was so bummed out! He didn't want to eat or drink anything because he was nervous to get sick. He was too weak to go to school today so he had to stay home and miss his class picnic. He is SAD and bummed that he has missed everything. He is finally feeling better and seems back to himself this evening. Charlie, Emma and I were playing outside and the bug visited Charlie. Poor kid has had his head in bucket since 4:45pm. It is now 11:15 and he is still getting sick. He is so thirsty and we have been giving him 2 tsps of water at a time. He falls asleep and within 20 minutes is up again getting sick. We are in for the long haul tonight. I am just hopeful that this little bug will not visit Nick and I or Dean and Mary. They came over to watch Braeden and Charlie today so that I could bake. I am grateful for all their help and don't want them to get sick because of us. Say some prayers that Charlie can crash now and not get sick anymore.

No comments: