Saturday, April 21, 2012

Week in Review

This week was a whirlwind week for some reason. I think it is always hard to come home from vacation. Monday I found out that I am allergic to my contact in my right eye. The eye that is a pain in my side! I have to wear glasses for the next two weeks while my eye heals. It was physically rejecting my contact and has developed bumps on the inner part of the eyelid. Appetizing I know. Talk about a bummer deal! After my cataract surgery my eye developed astigmatism which presents problems for obtaining contacts. I not only have astigmatism but I also have still have a high power correction. There are only a few companies that make my prescription and I need it in a smaller diameter now. Most astigmatism lens are 14.5 but my eye didn't like that so we have to find a 14. Ah the joys. Honestly I was pretty ticked off about the whole ordeal. This too shall pass but I am ready for the hurdles to stop.

On another note my business is growing pretty quickly this year. I have 30 weddings booked and 2 more consults tomorrow. It is CRAZY! If you would've asked me a few years ago if I would have thought I would be at this point already I would've said no. This is more than I ever expected. I had to make some changes. My personal cell phone was also my business line. I would get calls at all hours of the night for orders. I decided I needed to switch and have just a personal line and just a business line. Nick agreed with it and bought me a new phone and number. Change is exciting! It is nice to shut off the business phone at 9 and not think about it until the morning. We have also contacted our realtor to start looking for an office or space for me to rent. Transporting back and forth to the church is fine for now but with all the weddings on the books, all my supplies and all my decorating equipment my house is filling up fast. It is time to have the separation from life at home and work. Thankfully I have an amazing husband who is helping me make some of these decisions. I also have a very supportive family which helps a ton as well. This is all so exciting and who knew this would be an option so soon.

No comments: