I am preparing for the Chefs Auction again this year. Last year it was so much fun so I can't wait for it again this year. For those of you that don't know about the Chef's Auction it is a fundraising event for the March of Dimes. Chefs around the area set up tables and serve the specialty items to the guests. The chefs donate everything along with a silent auction item to be bid on by the guests. It draws about 600 people from the area. Everyone dresses up in their best clothes and pays about $100/ticket to get in. It is so much fun and it is for a great cause. This year they are doing it a little different. They are going to have all the guests sit down to announce the winners of the silent auction items. To get them to sit they will be doing a plated dessert. I was asked to provide the desserts for all the guests. I am so excited for this opportunity. This allows my desserts to be served to everyone at the event. I will be also having a table and serving another item which will allow me the opportunity to talk to everyone. Nick and my best friend Annie will be taking charge of plating all the desserts along with some of my other friends. A sorority in town has volunteered to serve everything. I am extremely grateful for this amazing opportunity. This past Monday I had a photo shoot at my home to get a good picture for the auction program. It was a lot of fun but also a little awkward I am not use to having pictures taken of just me. Usually I am either taking them of everyone or my kids are at a photographer getting their pictures taken. JR Portrait Design LLC in Mankato volunteered her time to take the pictures. I think she did an amazing job! Here is the one they used for the program.


No comments:
Post a Comment