Friday early afternoon Charlie and Emma were cleaning up the basement so we could all head to my parents pool. Braeden was already there with Ali. I was getting a few things completed upstairs so was not supervising the two that were suppose to be cleaning up. Charlie comes upstairs crying hysterically and wouldn't tell me what was the matter. All he could tell me was mom me watch cartoons while he cried. I thought he was just tired because shortly after coming up he went and laid on the couch and fell asleep. I asked Emma what had happened to Charlie and she said she didn't know. I tried to wake Charlie up and when he turned over his ear was bleeding. NASTY! My stomach flopped and then I was concerned. He still wouldn't tell me what had happened and was really whiny, clingy and didn't want to do anything but hang out with me. We mad our way to the pool but he didn't even want to swim. At this point I still had no clue what had happened and I asked Emma several times with the same..."I don't know" answer. Charlie eventually perked up and got in the pool. We headed home to get ready for Molly's surprise party. Nick got home and Charlie said to him..."Daddy Emma stick in my ear and it hurt." I was like WHAT!! I proceded to explain my afternoon with Nick and we called Emma up. She said I didn't do it before we even asked. Guilty much? We told her to go get whatever it was she stuck in his ear. This is what she brought up:
OUCH!! I was sick to my stomach thinking of this going in his ear. We all know how much it hurts if a q-tip goes in our ear a little too far. Imagine a 5 year old shoving this in her brothers ear 1. not even knowing you can't do it 2. not knowing how far to go in. OUCH OUCH OUCH!! My dad looked at Charlie's ear and said it looked really red and scratched. We felt like we got lucky! Emma now knows to not stick anything in any hole. I went through EVERY hole I could think of. I think I covered everyone and a few extra ;) His ear is still draining blood. GROSS...makes my tummy still flop. Today at Walmart there was a clot that had pooled in his ear. Again...GROSS! I called the ENT this morning to see if he wanted to see him. I finally got an answer at 3:30pm today. We are giving him drops for 5 days and then will see the ENT in 2 weeks to make sure everything is okay. Charlie has permanent tubes in so I am worried she pushed it or did something else to his poor little ear....FLOP FLOP...my tummy can't handle this! Eyes and Ears just make me so sensitive! They are just so tender and precious. For now we are to watch him and he doesn't seem in any pain.
My little Emma is going to be my trouble maker. UGHH..lesson learned!
1 comment:
SCARY!!!!!!! OMG. I always wonder when some kid of mine will shove something up his/her nose or some other place I can't get to!! ACK!!!
Post a Comment