Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Friday!

It has been a very busy few weeks for me and my dessert business. I have had a lot of orders and done a couple events. These all take a lot of planning, baking and time. I have a couple more events next week before Nick and I head off for a much needed vacation. I am really excited to get away for a little while. I have A LOT to get done before I can comfortably leave. It will be another exhausting weekend and week BUT it will be so worth it when I can sit down and veg for a few days.

The kids and I are loving the warmer weather. We spend a lot of time outside riding bikes, playing with chalk, running up and down hills and all the other fun things that come with outdoor activities. My dad took the cover off the pool! It always makes me so excited for the really warm weather when the cover is off. Yeah...a few months ago we were taking pictures of a blizzard and now we have 70 degree temps!

I am also working on planning Braeden's 1st Communion event. It will just be family but I am so proud of him. He is getting excited. We had a class a couple Sundays ago and he was able to taste the bread and the wine. He didn't care for either but is really concerned with having to take a sip of the wine on his actual 1st Communion. We constantly reassure him that he only has to take a little sip and then he doesn't have to take it ever again.

Our other exciting news is that our house will be ours again starting next weekend. We have a lot of work to get it ready but we are excited for this next step. We are ready to have our own place and get our life out of storage. I miss all my stuff but have a new appreciation for all of it!!

I will try to post more often or at least post pics of the kids. I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: