Monday, March 14, 2011

Tsunami

WOW...that is all I can say about everything that is going on right now. I feel awful for Japan and what they are going through. My parents are vacationing in Hawaii right now and experienced the Tsunami threat on Friday. They said that they were impressed by how everything was handled. They were given information all throughout the evening and early morning hours. Mom seemed a little unsettled when the first sirens went off but who wouldn't be! Maui sustained a 9 foot swell that flooded the downtown shopping district but mom and dad were fine. Their resort didn't not have any damage. What a relief. We are all thankful everything is fine and they are able to enjoy the rest of their trip.

We are sending our prayers out to the people in Japan. I can't imagine what they are going through. The pictures and video are heart wrenching!!

No comments: