Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Maine 10/10/10

Nick and I went to Portland, ME this past weekend for Nick's cousin's wedding. What a gorgeous weekend for a fall wedding!! We flew into Boston and drove up to Portland with Dean and Mary. It was a beautiful drive. The festivities started Saturday but we arrived Friday. It was nice to have the extra time. We were able to spend time with all the cousins, uncles, aunts, bride and groom on Friday night. We stayed in an Inn that was only a block from the ocean. It was amazing!! I can say that the temps were very chilly. We didn't get to experience the balmy weather that Minnesota had over the weekend. It was definitely chilly and fall in Maine over the weekend! Saturday morning I got up and did an 8 mile run. It was goregous. The time went really fast and I really enjoyed the beautiful houses, trees and ocean views I got to see. After I ran we headed over to the hotel where everyone else was staying so Nick could play tennis. He had a tennis match set-up against his cousin Dan, Brett and his Uncle Mike! It was so much fun to watch him play!! Saturday afternoon Dean, Mary, Nick and I went into Portland and went shopping. It was a lot of fun and we got to experience Old Portland. Nick and I had lunch a great little Pub. It was perfect! I really enjoyed having some time with just my husband and no one else around for a little while.

The wedding festivities started Saturday with a supper. We had a great time visiting with everyone! This truly was a great way to spend a weekend in Maine with relatives. Well relatives we don't get to see that often. We were up way to late and Sunday morning came really early. Nick had another tennis match with his Uncle Mike, Brett and Diane (stepmom to Bride)! Two days in a row for Nick to play tennis. It was a lot of fun and next time he plays on the East Coast we will make sure he has white shorts...(might have to put that on the Christmas list!)

Sunday afternoon was the wedding. What a goregous day. The clouds parted, the wind died down and the sun was out. It was perfect outside for an outdoor wedding! I don't think it could've been any better! The Bride and Groom were gorgeous and the ceremony was perfect. Everyone had a great time! I can't imagine how you couldn't when we got to celebrate for 3 straight days.

This was the most amazing wedding I have been to! It was perfect. We loved having the extra time with all of our extended family. It truly was a great event and one that will not be forgotten! Thank you Seana and Wade for sharing your special weekend with us! We wish you the best!

No comments: