Saturday, May 15, 2010

Kansas Trip

I have been so busy...I think I post that every time!! It is so true though. Nick has been in Kansas and I have been here cleaning, packing, working, working, working, shuffling kids, knitting (of course I have to find some time for knitting with the twins!), working some more and packing a ton!! This house still hasn't sold and I have packed away a ton. I have really tried to just leave it spotless all the time so I don't have to worry about cleaning it.

Last weekend the kids and I made the journey south to visit Nick. We were all so excited to get to see Nick and to see Kansas as a family. I packed the van as full as I could. I don't think a blanket would've fit in it!! I put a recliner in the back for Nick so he would have something comfy to sit on to watch sports. I took anything and everything that would fit. The kids did a great job for traveling 10 hours in a car. We stopped 3 times on the way down. There were lots of fights..."stop touching me, your elbow is in my space, put your hands down, OUCH...OUCH.." it was constant the whole way down. No one slept and when Charlie finally fell asleep his nice loving sister woke him up. It was a long trip down and I was looking forward to the way back let me tell you!! The visit was great though. We stayed with the Willson family Thursday and Friday night. They have been so generous to let us stay! The kids finally got to meet the Willson kids. It was great to see them all play together. You would have though they were cousins or at least really good friends. They played so well together. Saturday I ran in the 10K River Run. It was my first race ever and I am so proud that I finished it! I ran it in about 55minutes. What an accomplishment!! My fam was at the finish line cheering me on! Saturday after the race we headed to Derby to check out the new house. The kids were so excited to see it. I really enjoyed having the day with just my family in our new house. Nick and I spent the day organizing and getting things ready for the big move in a few weeks. We also all celebrated Charlie's 2nd birthday in KS. I can't believe my baby is two!! Where does the time go? We went out for supper and had cake. It was great to be able to celebrate with Nick!! Sunday we headed home. We only stopped 2 times and made it in 9 hours. It was and exciting, exhausting weekend but so worth every second.

No comments: