We have had a great Sunday. Well at least I have! We got up and out the door for church early today. We didn't have to yell much to get everyone going. It was amazing! Nick took Emma to preschool and I took Charlie to the nursery. There was another mom in the nursery but there wasn't anyone to run it. The mom was frantic because she had to be the lecture during church today. I said no big deal my husband or I will sit in the nursery and watch the kids. It was just Charlie and this little girl. The lady thanked me and went to mass. Nick came down to the nursery and I asked him if he would sit with the kids so Braeden and I could go to mass. He was fine with it but I don't think he was THRILLED with it. Braeden and I went over to the church and sat in the front. We were early and just listening to the organist. The singer was standing by the alter and Braeden said why won't he start the mass. I explained to him that the priest starts the mass and will let the singer know when to start. Braeden was getting impatient. He looked at me and said.."Mom I wish I had a pie!" I said why do you need a pie? "Because if I had a pie I would throw it at that guy's face since he won't start mass!" Nice...where do they come up with this stuff? Of course I told him that wasn't nice at all!
After mass Braeden and I went to get the rest of our family. When we got to the nursery Nick told me he had to watch 4 kids today. I told him that God was watching and I am sure all the parents appreciated him. It was part of our pay it forward for the day!
I was able to go shopping all by myself this afternoon. It was great to have some alone time away from the house. I really REALLY needed it! The weeks get long with 9 kids in my house and no alone time. I am preparing myself for my new workout. My treadmill broke on Friday. I have had it for 7 years so it was bound to break sometime. I use it every morning so I was pretty upset. Well we have a YMCA membership and instead of buying a new treadmill I will now be going to the Y at 5am to get my workout in. This is going to be a HUGE change for me but one I am going into with a very open mind.
Tonight we are having friends over to watch the Vikings game and have pizza. They have 4 kids so we are hopeful all the kids will keep each other busy!! GO VIKES!!
No comments:
Post a Comment